Discovering Ayurveda - the science of life
Dates and times:
- Sunday March 7th 2-3:30pm EST
- Saturday March 13th 2-3:30pm EST
- Saturday March 20th 2-3:30pm EST
Ayurveda, Yoga’s sister science, is a 5,000-year-old system of natural healing rooted in the ancient culture of India. More than a mere system of treating illness, Ayurveda is a science of life (Ayur = life,Veda = science or knowledge), guiding us not only towards vibrant physical and mental health, but also deeper connection to our spiritual nature. It offers a body of wisdom designed to help you stay vital while realizing your full human potential. Providing guidelines on ideal daily and seasonal routines, diet, behavior and the proper use of our senses, Ayurveda reminds us that health is the balanced and dynamic integration between our body, mind, spirit, and environment.
This 3 week online course is meant for everyone and anyone who has the desire to understand themselves on a deeper level while inviting the ancient, and thus time-tested wisdom of Ayurveda into their life.
WHAT TO EXPECT
weekly live online workshops
online Q&A sessions
weekly home practices to bring Ayurveda to life
Through this course you will:
gain a thorough understanding of the foundations of Ayurveda
gain a deeper understanding of your psycho-physical make-up
learn what brings one from an ideal state of health to dis-ease
discover your Doshas and your ideal state of health
learn lifestyle and dietary practices that will support balance
develop a self care routine to maintain health and vitality
learn what moves you from a state of happiness into states of anxiety, fear and depression, and gain practical tools to move back into joy
This course will give you the foundations to live a life in alignment with your true purpose
Topics that will be covered:
• History of Ayurveda and its Vedic Origin
• Relationship between Yoga and Ayurveda
• Panchamahabhutas (The Five Great Elements)
• Our interconnection with nature, and the importance of living in harmony with her changing cycles
• Doshas (Vata, Pitta, Kapha)
– Discover your unique body type and unveil your genetic blueprint to health and longevity.
• Basic diet and lifestyle guidelines to bring yourself back into Balance.
• Dinacharya & Ritucharya: Daily & Seasonal Routines
• Ayurvedic Psychology for Contentment and Clarity
Weekly LIVE workshops with space for Q & A’s for the dates of each course
Intro to Ayurveda packet